Tuesday, January 18, 2011

San Francisco International Airport

Welcome to San Francisco International Airport.  It's been a few years since I was last here, and a few things have changed.  

Last couple of times I've not really had much chance to poke around and see what's going on.  But today I put that right.  I finally got to have a look around the museum.  The decor is wonderful, and they have lots of interesting paraphernalia, especially about Pan Am.  I guess that makes sense.



They also have an extensive library of aviation literature.  It's all in locked cases, but I believe the public can have access to the material, just not for casual browsing, but proper research.

I keep forgetting they flew flying boats out of here, as they also did at Oakland, Alameda and Treasure Island.  I was also reading about Oakland International last night, and it seems you could actually fly from SFO to Oakland in the '60s.

No comments: