Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Pelican and Cormorant


This afternoon I had occasion to pass by San Leandro Channel, and there were some pelicans at rest. I made an effort to get back out there as soon as I had some free time.



I am still lamenting the lack of long lens on my new camera, but hey, that's what digital zoom is for.



The Pelican and Cormorant seems like an unlikely name for a pub, but here we see that the two go hand in hand quite well.

It's strange that my two favourite local birds are the very large and almost ungainly, and the perilously small humming birds. One day I will get photos of humming birds in our lavender.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Pelican Lights said...

I love these pictures. They are candid and beautiful. I love pictures that show so much, that you can see the personality of the animal like the first picture on this page. I don't believe that the camera-lense, or zoom, or even the camera makes a difference, just as long as you know WHEN to press the button. So many great pictures are lost because of late snaps or even wasting film on nonsense, but these are well done.

Alex said...

Glad you liked them. No doubt the keyword Pelican made you drift my way.

I tend to keep this blog for "telling" and sharing, and I have a separate blog for just pictures.

Share and enjoy.

Alex

scribbling sassy said...

these are very beautiful photos, I like the perspective shots a lot, you have an eye for things! keep it up!