Thursday, February 5, 2009

Which Way Up



So here is an interesting question. Which of these two looks better? Right way up, or upside down? For the last 18 years I've always shown this one upside down, giving a dramatic sky. Is that too gimicky? Who knows. Lets put it to the vote.

Update:- a quick Google Image search shows that this is one of the older images of the mill available on-line, the words Milns Seeds still appear on the sign. The old seed mill was converted in the early 90's to office space and a wine bar. At that time the sign was changed to read "Steam Mill". Apparently it is now the home of a radio station, and an art house cinema!

5 comments:

Bert said...

Great picture, made wonderful by showing it upside down! I love the nonsense feeling that gets the brain rushing to find its bearings...

Anonymous said...

Yes, upside down, definitely.
The sky is much better.

The brain is caught in the picture, searching and searching for some sense.

I feel myself like a frog looking up from beneath the river.

And then I turn my eyes to the world below,

and I realize there is no river and no earth below!

Quite a scary experience for a frog, I shall say.

Anonymous said...

I



am




falling



into



an endless sky !!!


!



!




Ribbit.

Alex said...

I'm glad to see some consensus here.

I just found out some new facts about the mill. If I still lived in Chester I would be seeing films there!

Welcome back Bert.

Anna, where do I know you from? Anyway Welcome.

Mrs P said...

I love looking at the two shots side by side.....