Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Jeff Oster - True


So those of you who know me will know I have a fairly large collection of music, most of it in the New Age, Trance, Ambient, Electronica end of things. Along side all the classics in the genres such as Vangelis, Jarre, Tangerine Dream, Delerium, Enigma and the like I have three albums by a guy named Jeff Oster.

He's a flugel horn and trumpet player, he is also a composer. His music fits in well with the rest of my collection, but it stands out somehow. I think the clarity of solo brass is something that has been missing amongst the Moogs, Fairlights and Yamahas that surely account for 80% of what I listen to.

His latest album I finally picked up a few weeks ago, and there's not a bad track on the album. I must confess my two favourites are "Matts Mood" from his original EP "At Last" and "Final Approach" from the first full album "Released".

Unfortunately my vocabulary is not chock full of musical terms, so I cannot make technical comments. I just know that the music is relaxing, but not insipid or muted. It's kinda like a massage for the brain.

Jeff's web site has links to where you can get his music. Treat yourself. You'll enjoy.

No comments: