Thursday, July 17, 2008

One of those smiles

You ever fall on the receiving end of a great smile? Or at least get caught in it's radiance?

Today I got caught in a smile.

Heading down the freeway, I was in lane three, and in lane four I saw an older Jimmy catching a pick up. So as not to be in the way when the Jimmy overtook I pulled out a lane. Hey, it was a slight upgrade, and the SUV was pulling a trailer.

Anyway, as I was about level I glanced across, so if he knew it was safe to pull put, and there in the back window was a very nice smile, an ear to ear beaming of joy; the look of the first day of vacation, being on the open road with the windows open.

I see great smiles all the time, just sometimes they catch you unawares, when you least expect them, that's when you feel them the most.

No comments: