Sunday, April 6, 2008

Some old photos of mine...





Well, I finally got the scanner out, and tried scanning a bunch of photos.

The scanners driver is clunky, and so I decided to use the Microsoft Scanner Wizard, and
it seemed much like it just called the regular scanner driver, without their GUI. The preview zoom didn't let me see how close to the edge I was, hence a few pictures where you see beyond the picture. I also didn't notice that some scans slipped sideways. I'll fix those some day.


Here we have some old 126 images from around North Wales. 100ASA film, probably Boots.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful texture and color of the lighthouse!

But 100ASA film? I thought the world had gone on to ISO speed ratings more than 10 years ago.

Just how old was the photo? :-)

Alex said...

I started shooting 35m in 1990. These were two were 126 cartridges, and we were still using ASA, though the dual ASA/ISO was probably printed on the box.

I guess my teenage photography is now 20 years old!

Mrs P said...

I have borrowed the lighthouse shot for my desktop at the office. It evokes some lovely personal thoughts for me. The photo also reminds me of someone who has a wonderfully relaxed eye when choosing his subjects. One I enjoy!