Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Peter Bowles in Harry Potter movies?

As I was watching "The Avengers" (Dial a Deadly Number) last night I suddenly realized Peter Bowles has not yet been in a Harry Potter movie!

Why is this surprising? Apart from a few major roles such as in "Vice Versa", "To The Manner Born" and "The Irish RM", he pops up in one offs all over the place. He just seems to be the sort of Brit Actor who should be in the Potter movies. I can't really think what role to cast him in. He has dashing looks, but not leading male role caliber. He has a sly suaveness which can be coupled with a boyish nature and a cold sadism. Oh, he would be great on either side. Just who should he be.

I knew he'd played multiple baddies in the Avengers. I didn't realize he actually made appearances in Cathy Gale, Emma Peel and Tara King vintages. I know at least two of those he was one of the bad guys. As for the other two, who knows.

No comments: