So I was just playing with Picasa, and I hit a button I hadn't hit before; Collage.
So I dragged some pics into the collage, and piddled around for about five minutes, and decided to share. It may be a good way to introduce a set of pictures, but then again maybe not.
These were taken on an hour long stroll around my extended neighbourhood. Peaceful "rivers", rugged "beach", the wonders of a terraformed landscape.
Oh, just click on the above for the 8x10 original.
Um...can I just come right out there and say...in this particular case, I would vote *bad* idea...only because I think that it is more enjoyable to be able to view images like these, individually.
I don't know how much I would use *collage* anyway but will try to think of ways that it might be a useful tool.
The only thing that comes to mind, right now, might, perhaps, be something like patterns...where you don't so much care about a certain thing in an individual picture (like nature and people pictures have) but where you are going for an overall group look...like the patterns of clouds; stairwells, etc...like, perhaps, a quilt design...if that makes any sense! lol!
Yeah, I think the only thing I would do with this is to make the first page of a chapter in a photo book/album, to introduce a sequence. The images in the collage would appear in full in the following pages.
I have nothing against displaying photos as a set, but this is wrong.
Me. That's the best description. Bit geeky (I even have 4 blogs). Like Lego, who doesn't. Like chocolate. Always happiest when busy.
Never far from a camera
Fiber-Jet Cobra
-
These images are staright from the camera - no corrections or rotations.
I still never know when I should stand or kneel to take a car photo.
I ...
....By Any Other Name Would Smell As Sweet
-
A few weeks ago my granddaughter had been over for a visit. We were in my
bedroom and she was seated atop my bed, sketching and writing on a tablet.
I had...
2 comments:
Hi, Alex...
Um...can I just come right out there and say...in this particular case, I would vote *bad* idea...only because I think that it is more enjoyable to be able to view images like these, individually.
I don't know how much I would use *collage* anyway but will try to think of ways that it might be a useful tool.
The only thing that comes to mind, right now, might, perhaps, be something like patterns...where you don't so much care about a certain thing in an individual picture (like nature and people pictures have) but where you are going for an overall group look...like the patterns of clouds; stairwells, etc...like, perhaps, a quilt design...if that makes any sense! lol!
Yeah, I think the only thing I would do with this is to make the first page of a chapter in a photo book/album, to introduce a sequence. The images in the collage would appear in full in the following pages.
I have nothing against displaying photos as a set, but this is wrong.
Post a Comment