Sunday, June 22, 2008

New Camera!




I couldn't resist. I needed a new blog and mail avatar. What else could I do, but opt for a Lego Camera. So I made one. Actually, I made two, but this was the "big" one.

Of course, once I had a new Lego camera, I decided I wanted a camera shop. So I hopped onto LDD and designed one...

I hope the contrast on your monitor shows the texture on the bellows camera, I bet you didn't know Lego made bellows.

The cameras in the display case kinda follow my photographic history, with a little 110 instamatic in the middle, and the SLR on the left. The one the right may be either a compact 35mm or a 126 Instamatic.

I'll post the LDD files on the Lego site later, but for now you can see my other Lego creations here.

2 comments:

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I like the SLR.

People have built cameras out of everything, particularly Hasselblads. Ice, glass, leather, cake...

Alex said...

Thanks, the scale was driven by the "lens" I had available. The style is based on my Ricoh XR-P, but looks also like my Pentax P-30.

The front of the lens is a part of an "Exoforce" battle machine, that is Lego's Anime style series, and so gave Japanese Kanji lettering, it actually says explosive or danger.